- 3 points – a bag that goes through the hole completely.
- 1 point - a bag remains on the playing surface, a bag that is hanging into the hole, but does not fall completely through, a bag that is hanging off the edge of the platform, but does not touch the ground.
- 0 points – a bag that hits the ground before coming to rest on the platform, a bag that is on the playing surface, but is also touching the ground or another bag that lies on the ground, a bag that is hanging off the front edge and is resting on a cornhole bag that is on the ground.
- A bag that bounces on to the board should be removed before the next player tosses.
- Scoring is done by cancellation. The difference of both teams scores is the score given to the highest scoring team. If both teams score the same amount, no team will receive any points.
- In corn hole doubles play partners shall stand at opposite cornhole boards on the same side. In singles play both players will throw from the same board.
- Each team will have 4 bags of one color, all 8 corn hole bags begin at one end.
- If an agreement can not be made as to which team shall take the first turn of the game, a coin flip will suffice. The first team will then begin by throwing a corn hole bag at the opposite platform.
- Teams take alternate throws until all 8 corn hole bags have been thrown. Teams then count the points scored during the round.
- After scoring, the teams on the opposite end will then take their turns in the same manner. The team scoring the most points in the previous round will throw first to start the turn.
- Play continues until either team reaches the 21 points.