House Rules are decided by team that controls table in open play.
During Swiggs Tournaments games are played using WSOBP (World Series of Beer Pong) Rules.
- 2 players per team, 2 balls per game, 2 shots per side (except first toss).
- 10 cups per side: Initial formation is a tight triangle pointing forward.
- The back edge of the Racks should always be aligned with the back edge of the table. If the rack is out of position, it should be re-aligned before the next shot.
- Reformation (A.K.A. Re-rack): Reform at 6, 3, and 1 cups remaining. Cups are to be reformed into tight triangles pointing forward. Last cup must be pulled back to within 1″ from table edge. Mid-turn reformation will apply.
- Rollbacks: Only 1 ball is returned when a team sinks both their shots in one turn, except during redemption (See: End-game rules) .
- Balls are divided to start. One ball is thrown to start the game, and two shots per side are thrown thereafter.
- Grabbing: Ball may be grabbed ONLY after it has hit a cup.
- Bounce shots are allowed but do not count for 2 cups.
- Cups knocked over by balls are reset & shot is replayed unless ball had clearly entered the cup before falling, in which case the shot is counted as a hit cup.
- Leaning is allowed; however, no object may be used to support a player’s weight during a lean (this includes the table and the shooter’s partner). Players may not move cups out of the way before shooting to aid in their lean. Any cup knocked over while leaning is counted as a hit cup.
- Distractions are allowed; however, the players may not cross the plane of play with ANY part of their bodies while the other team is shooting.
- No player may intentionally disturb the air surrounding the cups in play, such as by fanning with hands, hat, or any other objects.
- No player may take offense to anything said or done during a game, even if it involves their mother.
- End-game rules:
- There is always an opportunity for redemption (i.e., no lockouts). There are two scenarios possible:
- More than one cup per side remaining when the last cup is sunk. In this case, “Unlimited 1-Ball Redemption” is given. Either player may take the first shot, and the ball is rolled back until a player misses. At this time, players must alternate throwers in the event of multiple hits; one player may not take all the redemption shots.
- One cup vs. One cup remaining when the last cup is sunk. In this case, the rule is, “Take as many shots as you have balls remaining on your side”.
FULL LIST OF RULES: http://www.beerpong.com/wsobp/official-rules-of-the-world-series-of-beer-pong